Thursday, October 10, 2013

Black and White Pictures

1. The Country Store
This is a country store. On the ranch I live on. I don't know why we have it, but I'm not arguing, since it makes a good subject for black and white. It would've looked better without all the stuff on the porch. And without all the stuff in the window. I like the how the sign looks, though.

2. The Stables
You've probably realized at this point there's kind of a western theme going on here. Well, I live on a ranch so what would you expect? (Okay, so it's not a real ranch, but it's a guest ranch. It's still a ranch!!!) Plus, the western style kind of fits with black and white, don't you think? This building was once stables for cows and horses (back when this was a real ranch), so it fits with with the western theme. I like how the roof looks in black and white.

3. The Sheds
These are two tool sheds and a silo and a hay loft. This is probably my favorite picture, the shade makes it look cool. The leaves on the trees look cool, too.

4. The Barn
This is the barn. I think this picture would've looked better if the doors had been open and if I had gotten closer before I took the picture, but it looks cool in black and white.

5. Cars
Okay, I know what you're thinking: "Again with the toy cars???" Well, what better to put in an old-looking picture than old-looking cars? They look pretty good in black and white. Plus, I have two younger brothers, so toys cars are easy to find at my house...okay, fine, some of them are mine...

Extra Picture


9 comments:

  1. That first photo of the shop is brilliant! I think that the bright white gives it an accurate sense of historic flavor, if that makes any sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you us building in black and white it makes it look serous and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the picture with the hay loft, silo, and sheds! The black and white I think gives it age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how contrasting your photos are. I feel like the barn could have been a little more close up just so the subject was more clear but overall you have some amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all the pictures and the contrast makes them even better. On the picture of the stables it might look a little bit better if it was more zoomed in or if you were closer. I don't know if it would, it's only an idea. The picture I really like is the shed picture, the contrast makes it look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the picture of the sheds (: when I look at it I think of "The Wizard of Oz" very creative and it makes the whole area older and aged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the subjects you chose for black and white images. I think they are stronger because of the heavy contrast of dark darks and bright whites. I like the landscape images a lot - nice rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you used the old buildings. They look good in black and white because they are old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the contrast that these photos have, i also love how you used old buildings for the pictures

    ReplyDelete